Year 2 - Falcons
Welcome to Year 2 - Falcons!
Welcome to your class page. Mr O'Halloran is your class teacher and your teaching assistants are Mrs De Nooijer and Mrs Carter. Mrs Plummer will also be helping in our class.
On this page you will find curriculum information for this half term and general information about our class.
- Our allocated drop off time is 8.50AM. Collection is at 3:10PM.
- You will take your reading book home every day and these will be changed twice a week. The books will be changed on Monday and Thursday.
- On a Friday, you will be sent home with spellings for you to learn; these will be tested the following Friday.
- Homework is also given out on a Friday and is due in on the following Wednesday at the latest.
- Your child will also be able to take a story book from our classroom library. This will be starting over the next couple of weeks. Children will be given a book every Tuesday. Please ensure books are returned so new books can be given.
- We have P.E. every Monday and Wednesday.
Our learning this term
New to Year 2 Parent Workshop
At Hillshott Infant and Nursery school we follow the PenPals handwriting scheme. Our younger children are introduced to four main characters which help them to memorise the sequence for writing each letter correctly. The key thing to remember is that all letters start from the top
(apart from d and e).
Pattern practice and ‘play’ writing are an important part of handwriting development. Your child will be practicing letter formation in a number of exciting ways: in sand, using paint, in the air, on the interactive television screens and iPads, as well as on paper with a pencil!
Year 2 Spellings for the Year
Home Learning - Maths Methods
Year 2 Learning Links/Ideas
Collins Connect- Free books and reading comprehension https://collins.co.uk/pages/big-cat-ebooks?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200319_COL_Primary_SLFH%20(1)&utm_content=
Literacy Shed - https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
Numbots - https://numbots.com/
Alphablocks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks
Number blocks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks
BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
Maths Whizz - https://www.whizz.com/maths-activities/
Resources for everything - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/
Phonics games - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicnicOnPluto.html
Joe Wicks - 5 Minute Home workout - Youtube
Science Max - Science experiments for kids - Youtube