Year 2 – Kestrels
Welcome to the Kestrels Class
Welcome to your class page. Mrs Phillips is your class teacher and the teaching assistant is Mrs McFarlane-Cushing. We are also helped by Miss Smythe, Mrs Brendling and Mrs Carter.
On this page you will find information about what we are learning, photos and other useful information about the Kestrels class.
- Our start time is 9.00 and we finish at 3.10
- Everyday you will take your reading book home to read to a grown up. It will be changed on Monday and Thursday
- On a Friday your child can bring home a library book. This should be returned the following Friday so they can take another book home to share at home
- Homework is given out on a Friday and is due on the following Monday
- Spellings are given out on a Friday too but don't have to be returned until Wednesday to give you time to learn. They will be tested on Friday.
- Kestrels have PE every Tuesday and Thursday
Well Being Week May 2021
The children had a lovely week. During the week we took apart in activities relating to the topics active me, kind me, creative me, healthy me and mindful me. They decorated pebbles, made fruit kebabs, did daily meditation and tracked their activity whilst wearing exercise trackers.
Summer Term 1 Medium Term plans
SPRING 2 REMOTE LEARNING DAILY SUBJECT PLAN
Remote Learning Grid for Spring 2 Half Term
Home Learning Ideas
Our Learning This Term
New to Year Two Meeting
Useful websites for home learning
Literacy Shed - https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
Numbots - https://numbots.com/
Alphablocks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/alphablocks
Number blocks - https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks
BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z3g4d2p
Maths Whizz - https://www.whizz.com/maths-activities/
Resources for everything - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/
Times tables rockstars - https://ttrockstars.com/page/covid19support
Phonics games - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/PicnicOnPluto.html
Joe Wicks - 5 Minute Home workout - Youtube
Science Max - Science experiments for kids - Youtube
At Hillshott Infant School and Nursery we follow the Penpals handwriting scheme. Our younger children are introduced to four main characters which help them to memorise the sequence for writing each letter correctly. The key thing to remember is that all letters start from the top apart - from d and e.
Pattern practice and play writing are an important part of handwriting development. Your child will be practising letter formation in a number of exciting ways: in sand, using paint, in the air, on the interactive screens and I pads, as well as on paper using a pencil!