The Department for Education is providing ‘Catch up’ funding to support children with their emotional wellbeing and to catch up on learning lost due to Covid-19 school closures.
Schools are required to publish details of:
- how it intends to spend the grant
- how the effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of pupils will be assessed
At Hillshott we will spend the funding as follows:
- Additional part-time teaching to support learning across the school
- Additional training for teachers and teaching assistants to support learning across the school
- Additional part-time teaching hours to deliver targeted phonics and reading interventions.
The impact of this additional support will be evaluated using teacher assessments of attainment and progress (using baseline and post intervention assessments), standardised testing (phonics screening and practice KS1 SATs) and parent questionnaires in order to assess the impact on children’s emotional wellbeing. Spending will be monitored by the Curriculum Committee and the wider Governing Body